VIBRATION MONITORING & ASSESSMENT
Vibration monitoring is typically utilised to assess the impact that vibration sources such as transport, construction activities, blasting or plant operation have on adjacent buildings, structures or on human health.
Vibration Monitoring – Structures
It is prudent to monitor vibration levels to ensure that vibration causing activities do not cause either cosmetic or structural damage to properties. Vibration monitoring and assessment is typically conducted according to the following Standards: British Standard BS 7385:, Evaluation and measurement for vibration in buildings, Part1 1990 Guide for measurement of vibrations and evaluation of their effects on buildings and Part 2 1993 Guide to damage levels arising from groundborne vibration.
We have significant experience in vibration monitoring and assessment and can offer a range of vibration monitoring systems appropriate to Client requirements.
We can provide periodic or continuous vibration monitoring services using calibrated geophones and data logging systems. Audible and Visual alarm system can be fitted to vibration monitors to provide an instant on-site alert as to when a predefined limit value is being approached or if it is exceeded.
If required , remote access to vibration monitoring systems using GSM Modem dial-up technology for real time viewing of vibration data can also be provided.
Similarly text alerts can be sent to a mobile phone when a predefined limit value is approached or exceeded to ensure the Client is made aware at the earliest instance that works are causing elevated vibration levels.
Vibration monitoring is required for a wide range of applications such as:
- Construction / Demolition Vibration monitoring
- Civil Engineering Works ground monitoring eg during pipe laying or road construction
- Blast monitoring ay quarries – Ground vibration and Air Overpressure
- Pile driving vibration monitoring on construction sites
- Baseline vibration monitoring prior to development
- Transport (Road/Rail) vibrational impacts
- Vibration Impact Assessment – Quarries, Construction / Demolition, Transport – Rail & Road
- Structural Tilt Monitoring – To assess movement of structures during construction / demolition activities
Vibration Monitoring – Persons
Occupational Vibration Monitoring Vibration exposure to workers is regulated by Control of Noise at Work of the Safety, Health and Welfare at Work (General Application) Regulations 2007 (S.I. No. 299 of 2007). Byrne Environmental Consulting Ltd have a long established reputation for providing occupational exposure at work risk assessment to monitor and assess the impact that work activities may have on employees.